Christmas is my favourite time of year; the lights, the hygge, and most of all - the food! In this blog post, I've compiled 5 of my favourite recipes from across the internet that are perfect for the holiday season.
1) Chopped Kale Salad with Cranberries and Almonds by Haute & Healthy Living. I LOVE this recipe! It's so tasty, but make sure to follow all the instructions, like leaving it to marinate (this makes it easier on your digestive system). This recipe would make a wonderful dinner throughout the holiday period, served with a protein source like salmon, or as a salad on your Boxing Day table to eat with all the Christmas day leftovers.
2) Chocolate Orange Bar with Clementines by Hemsley Hemsley. What's more Christmassy than a chocolate orange?! This recipe captures exactly that. It's super simple yet mouth-wateringly delicious! A perfect treat to serve as a dessert option during any Christmas celebrations.
3) Festive Smörgåsbord Platter by Amelia Freer. Putting together a platter of food to share has to be one of the ultimate Christmas traditions! There's nothing quite like tucking into the same dish, it really nurtures the spirit of Christmas - generosity, abundance, and gratitude. Here, Amelia provides some ideas on how to create a delicious and healthy Smörgåsbord.
4) Shortbread Cookies by Kris King for Autoimmune Wellness. These shortbread cookies remind me of a classic Christmas sugar cookie! Due to the grain-free flours used in this recipe, they are best made bite-sized. Delicious served with a homemade hot chocolate (try 200ml Rude Health Coconut Milk, with 1/2 tbsp cacao powder)!
5) Herby Broccoli and Pea Soup by Esther Clark for BBC. After enjoying lots of rich food over the Christmas period, a veggie-packed homemade soup can feel like a love letter to your digestive system! This particular recipe is one of my absolute favourites - not only does it pack a huge punch when it comes to flavour, but it also sneaks in 5 different vegetables, plus herbs! Lovely served with avocado on toast - The GF Bakery does my favourite gluten-free bread.
If you give any of these recipes a try, let me know what you think!
Wishing you a happy and healthy Holiday Season!
Hi I'm Molly, I'm a UK-based Nutritional Therapist (DipION, mBANT, CNHC) and Self-Compassion Coach (MSc) serving my community in Harpenden and online. Here in my little online home, you'll discover the benefits of nutritional therapy and complementary therapies for autoimmune disease and chronic illness.
Want to understand more about nutrition for autoimmune diseases? Download my free recipe book and discover 12 Nutritionist-Certified Recipes to Help Alleviate the Symptoms of Autoimmunity & Chronic Illness.
#healthychristmasrecipes #healthychristmas #healthynewyear #nutrition #healthyrecipes #nutritionaltherapy #nutritionaltherapyharpenden #nutritionistharpenden #autoimmunerecipes #autoimmunehealth #autoimmunedisease #autoimmunenutrition